"You talk as if a god had made the Machine.. Men made it, do not forget that. Great men, but men. The Machine is much, but it is not everything. I see something like you in this plate, but I do not see you. I hear something like you through this telephone, but I do not hear you. That is why I want you to come. Pay me a visit, so that we can meet face to face, and talk about the hopes that are in my mind."The machine stops - 1909 - Forster

Monday, January 3, 2011

VOCABULARY PANEL - GLOGSTER

What does this picture remind you of?




It's the vocabulary panel which hangs on the wall of our classroom.
Time has come to digitalize it :).
Here you can find the Web2 version.
Click on the pockets and you can listen to the words and see the pictures.
You can find some games as well.
It's a work in progress...
You fill up the pockets with word cards and I keep on adding new links.


Click here to open the glogster.


5 comments:

teacher chiara said...

This is very nice too. How about the panel you have in your classroom: did you make it or did you buy it? For the digitalized one I'm really looking forward to being able to use glogster! During this summer holiday I will try and then I'll let you know how it goes!
Thanks again for your wonderful ideas.

Daniela Tomatis said...

Hi Chiara,

my mum did it for me! :)
If you want to learn how to use Glogster here is a link to a wonderful site full of tutorials
http://www.teachertrainingvideos.com/glogster/index.html
If you open the Vocabulary Panel
( now the "click here" link works ) and you click on e-flashcards you'll find lexical sets to work on, with games and activities. My students find them useful. Thank you for reading the post.

teacher chiara said...

I supposed someone made it! I'm going to have it made for me from a friend of mine. I'll start with the non-techological one first, then I'll try to improve!
Last year I had a vocabulary panel made of cardboard paper and post-it but this year i want to try with this one because in this way I can use it again from year to year.
And Thanks for the link, I'll watch it.

teacher chiara said...

Hi Daniela I hope you had nice holiday!
I'm writing to let you know I'm making a vocabulary panel and I've just created my first glogster! Thanks for all your tips!

Daniela Tomatis said...

Hi!
Thank you..very relaxing holidays!!
Great! A vocabulary panel...Post a picture of it when it's finished, ok!? Have a good start and keep in touch :)