"You talk as if a god had made the Machine.. Men made it, do not forget that. Great men, but men. The Machine is much, but it is not everything. I see something like you in this plate, but I do not see you. I hear something like you through this telephone, but I do not hear you. That is why I want you to come. Pay me a visit, so that we can meet face to face, and talk about the hopes that are in my mind."The machine stops - 1909 - Forster
Saturday, May 25, 2013
INTEGRATING TECHNOLOGY:how can I revise for third year exam?
This is a revision board I created with my colleague Daniela Becchio. The drawing was made by a very creative girl, Clara (Daniela's daughter). We gave her some instructions, basically that we wanted something like a bookcase. Then, we linked the different parts of the picture to a digital source (audio recordings, videos, glogsters, exercises).
We wanted to give students:
- a complete digital version of the curriculum
- a possibility to revise for the exam autonomously ( that's why we provided both the written and the oral version of the stories, for example)
- suggestions on how to practice grammar and vocabulary
- examples of student-created content ( "my grammar book" and "personal coursebook")
- a possibility to check their material, in case they missed some lessons during the school year.
Our aim was to help them with pronunciation, to support parents and also to facilitate success for dyslexic students.